Sunday, May 30, 2010

Final Pieces

The film is almost done. I am finishing the credits and adding titles to people's interviews. I am still waiting on confirmation for a few titles, but that shouldn't take long. I'm also waiting on some historical pictures from the Historical Association. Once I have those pieces, the rough cut will be ready to go. I haven't watched the whole thing through yet, but I am happy with it when I watch it in bits and pieces. Some things- my b-roll, shot composition, camera settings, sound, etc.- still look like they were done by a 19 year-old. However, it is mostly the technical details that aren't always where I'd like them to be. I must say that I am rather happy with the way I've put the puzzle pieces together. This project was always about content over form, and I would say that the content comes across. There are some things about this experience and this topic that will not come through in the film, but I am OK with that. While it could be better, I think this film will do what it is intended to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment