Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Roll of the Blog/Music

I am wrestling with the roll of this blog. As it is at the bottom of my business card, it seems that it should be purely informative, letting people learn a bit about the project. Yet it began as a way for people to track my movements as a filmmaker, and I think it will serve this function even after the Manchester Project is done.
That being said, I've just finished my first piece of freelance video work. You can see it here.
The other thing about this blog is that I don't want to give away too many surprises about the film. With only two followers, however, I don't think the risk is too great. That being said, I have been working with two young Burundi boys on "The Refugee Rap," which deal with escaping the war and coming to America, the challenges both here and back home, and the good things that have happened as a result of them coming to Manchester. I was also introduced to a 19 year-old who has made a few songs on the same topic, and he wants me to make a video for him. I agreed, asking in return that I be able to use his music. I wasn't sure where the music would come from a few weeks ago, but now I think that I have some great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment