Thursday, September 23, 2010

DVDs and Screenings

Greetings from California!

I've come to realize that "Our Community" is but a small piece of a larger puzzle made up of activists, New Americans, organizations, and community members all working to make Manchester a more welcoming place. In addition, I am but a small piece of the "Our Community" puzzle. Two of the other pieces - Bill and Kathy Gillett - have been working very hard to distribute copies of the DVD and set up screenings and events for the film. If you would like a copy of the DVD, please e-mail me at brendangillett@gmail.com with your name, a mailing address and the number of copies you want. They are, thanks to the hard work of my Dad, being distributed for free. If you would like to host a screening or event (with someone from the team present) you can also e-mail me at the same address. It's indescribably helpful to be so supported, not having to take care of every aspect of this project on my own. For ways to get involved helping refugees with the project of resettling here, see the previous post.

Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment