Thursday, March 4, 2010

Projects

Last week, New Hampshire was rocked by Mother Nature's winds, leaving us without internet until today.
I've picked up a few new side projects recently. One is a short video, using mostly pre-taped footage, for the Blarney Breakfast, an annual charity event. I'm fairly sure that the video will involve refugees in some way, but I have to see the footage.
I am also assisting the Somali Bantu Community Association of New Hampshire with a short video on their agricultural program. In addition to more experience, it was agreed that I could ask my own questions of the subjects. Refugees and interpreters can be hard to track down, so it is very fortunate that this project came along.
In other news, The Refugee Rap is almost done. This is a song about two kids' experiences as African Refugees in Manchester. It was a lot of fun to record, and now it's time to edit. I'm starting to wonder when this whole thing will be done. I hope to have something in the next month or two, but this could continue beyond that. I have to trust in the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment